Toffee Pecan Bundt Cake With Caramel Drizzle
INGREDIENTSFor the Cake
- Non-stick cooking spray with flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 bag (8-ounces) milk chocolate toffee pieces
- 1 cup pecans chopped
For the Caramel Drizzle
- 14 ounces (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 12-cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray with flour and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter until light and creamy. Add both sugars and beat again until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time mixing until blended. Alternate adding in flour mixture and milk mixing until just combined being careful not to over mix.
- Stir in toffee chips and pecans by hand blending well. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 75-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the cake is cool prepare the Caramel Drizzle as follows:
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and brown sugar in a medium heavy–bottomed saucepan. Over medium heat bring to a boil whisking very frequently.
- Reduce the heat under the pan and simmer gently for about 8 minutes whisking constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Allow the mixture to sit in the pan for about 5 minutes – then drizzle over the cake. (You will want the drizzle to still be fairly hot when you drizzle it over the cake – it does harden a little after it cools.)
Base Recipe adapted from this site