The Most Wonderful Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- 1/2 cup coconut oil solid (be sure it is not melted at all)
- 1 and 1/4 cups light brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (I like to use the thicker Thai variety but any coconut milk will work)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (be sure not to pack your flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (use vegan chocolate chips if vegan) divided
- Flaky sea salt optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the coconut oil brown sugar and vanilla beating until well combined. Add in the coconut milk and applesauce and whisk until well combined; set aside. In a separate bowl combine the flour baking soda and salt; whisk well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and using a wooden spoon or very sturdy spatula stir until ingredients are combined. The batter will be very thick! Fold in 1 and 3/4 cups of the chocolate chips.
- Scoop three tablespoon sized mounds of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet leaving a few inches between each cookies for spreading. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until the edges are golden and the centers have set. Press remaining chocolate chips on top of warm cookies and sprinkle with sea salt if using. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE