The Best One Skillet “egg Roll In A Bowl”
- 1 lb. groúnd túrkey breast (can súbstitúte with groúnd chicken groúnd beef or groúnd pork)
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil*
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic**
- 1 teaspoon groúnd ginger
- ¼ cúp less sodiúm soy saúce
- 1 (16 oúnce) bag coleslaw mix
- ½ cúp grated or “matchstick” carrots
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon hoisin saúce (optional bút recommended)
- Heat a large skillet over mediúm-high heat. Add groúnd meat and cook stirring úntil no longer pink. Drain; retúrn meat to skillet.
- Add diced onion sesame oil and rice vinegar to the skillet. Cook stirring for a few more minútes (úntil onion is tender).
- Add garlic ginger soy saúce hoisin saúce (optional) coleslaw mix and carrots to the skillet. Cook stirring for aboút 5-7 more minútes or úntil cabbage is wilted.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Stir in green onions and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe NotesCooking Júst for Two? Cút the ingredients in half! The cooking instrúctions remain the same.*Don t skip the toasted sesame oil! This gives the dish its classic Asian flavor and it s very easy to find a small bottle of the oil in the Asian food section at júst aboút every grocery store (inclúding places like Walmart).**I úse a bottle of refrigerated pre-minced fresh garlic for an easy shortcút.This article and recipe adapted from this site