Super Easy Instant Pot Buttery Lemon Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breast or thighs
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1 onion diced
- ¾ cup organic chicken broth
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ cup lemon juice 2 lemons
- 4 teaspoon arrowroot flour
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode. When it’s hot melt ghee or butter.
- Add onion garlic paprika parsley and pepper to melted ghee and sauté until onions soften.
- With your Instant Pot still set to sauté sear the chicken on each side for about 3-5 minutes. The chicken should be a caramelized brown color.
- Pour chicken brother lemon juice and salt over chicken and stir.
- Lock lid into place and close steam valve. Set Instant Pot to poultry setting and cook for 7-8 mins if chicken is thawed and 12-15 minutes if it’s frozen.
- If you re going to be making pasta rice or veggies to serve with this chicken start making it now while your chicken cooks.
- Once done let depressurize naturally – it shouldn’t take very long.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot but leave the sauce in the pan. Gradually stir in arrowroot flour to thicken sauce.
- If you’re serving chicken on top pasta mix cooked pasta in with thickened lemon sauce. Otherwise drizzle sauce over chicken.
This article and recipe adapted from this site