Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake
- 4 cups frozen strawberries (about 520g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
Ice Cream Cake
- 2 litres Chapman s Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- 3 cups crushed vanilla cookies
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- In a medium pan add the strawberries sugar and water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat stirring often and cook until berries are softened.
- Puree in the pan with an immersion blender (or mash with a potato mashed for a chunkier texture).
- Whisk together cream and corn starch. Stir into strawberry sauce to thicken slightly.
- Pour into a medium bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature (this can be done the day before or use the fridge or freezer to speed up the process).
Ice Cream Cake
- Remove ice cream from the freezer to soften for 30-45 minutes before assembly.
- In a large bowl combine crushed cookies and melted butter.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 or 10 Springform pan (I used a 9 ) by opening the sides and clamping the paper in the bottom. This is optional but allows for easy removal.
- Place half of the cookie mixture in the bottom of the pan and press into place.
- Top with half of the ice cream and cover with a thin layer of strawberry sauce.
- Repeat layers one more time to fill the pan: crumbs (press down gently) ice cream (use the remaining) and drizzle strawberry sauce on top. The pan will be full that is fine.
- Place on a flat shelf in the freezer for 6-8 hours or overnight until completely frozen.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving garnishing with whipped cream and fresh strawberries if desired.
This article and recipe adapted from this site