Pecan Sandie Praline Bars
INGREDIENTS:FOR THE COOKIE LAYER:
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup (67g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 & 1/4 (270g) cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (120g) finely chopped pecans*
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 2/3 cup (158ml) light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (100g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vailla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups (180g) chopped pecans*
- 2 cups (340g) semisweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS:TO MAKE THE COOKIE LAYER:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the flour pecans and salt. Mix just until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
TO MAKE THE TOPPING:
- Combine the corn syrup brown sugar eggs butter vanilla and salt until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour the topping mixture over the cookie layer.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the topping is set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on a wire rack. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the topping. Let the chips sit for about 5 minutes. Then spread the chocolate over the topping. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here