Peach Upside Down Cake
- 1/4 cup butter (softened) (56.7 grams)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar (112.50 grams)
- 23 slices of peaches (3 or 4 peaches or 1 small can drained)
- 1/4 cup butter (70.8 grams)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (100 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavouring
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cake flour ** (106 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk (40.625 grams)
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F (180°C) grease and flour an 7-8 inch (20 centimeter) spring form cake pan (springform because the sides are higher line with parchment paper if you wish).
- On the bottom of cake pan place softened butter add brown sugar and mix well spread evenly lightly press peach slices into the mixture.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl cream butter sugar and almond flavouring add egg and beat until light and fluffy add dry ingredients alternately with milk beat on low until combined.
- Spoon and spread evenly over peach slices. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and then flip onto a cake plate serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
- **to make Cake flour place one cup of all purpose flour in a bowl remove 2 tablespoons and replace with 2 tablespoons of corn starch. Whisk well to combine.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE