One Pan Lemon Roast Chicken And Asparagus
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 lemons 2x zest- 1x sliced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 Tbsps Herbes de Provence
- 2 Tbsps Basil dried
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 500 g new potatoes
- 1 x bunch asparagus trimmed
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c. In a small bowl combine the olive oil grated garlic lemon zest honey and dried herbs. Spread the marinade over the chicken and leave to sit while you prep the potatoes.
- To prepare the potatoes slice the new potatoes in half lengthwise. This makes them thinner than if you cut them width wise and they will cook faster. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Scatter with some thyme sprigs and place in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- *see notes
- When your ten minutes is up add the chicken to the pan and place the lemon slices on top. Put the tray back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- For the final 10 minutes of cooking add your asparagus to the roasting pan. Drizzle with some more olive oil and salt and pepper. Place back in the oven for the last 10 minutes.
- Serve dinner right from the pan.
- Note 1. It s a good idea to give the potatoes a head start on cooking to make sure that they re ready when the chicken is done.
- Note 2. If substituting the asparagus for carrots or another dense vegetable either slice them thinly and add as you do the asparagus or add them with the potatoes if keeping them thicker.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here