Easy Cannoli Cupcakes
- Vanilla cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter softened
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. whole milk ricotta
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 12-cup cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- Prepare batter according to package instructions. Divide batter between cupcake liners and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile make frosting: In a large bowl beat together butter cream cheese and ricotta until fluffy. Add powdered sugar vanilla cinnamon and salt and beat until smooth and fluffy. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer frosting to a large pastry bag (or resealable plastic bag) cut with a large tip. Using a teaspoon scoop out middle of each cupcake to create a small well. Pipe frosting onto each cupcake filling the wells.
- Using 50 percent power and working in 30-second increments microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil until just melted. Stir until smooth and let cool slightly. Spoon melted chocolate on top of frosting.
- Let chocolate set slightly before serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site