Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Trifle
- 1 box Angel Food cake mix plus ingredients to prepare
- 2 3.4 oz boxes instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 3 cups half and half or whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed OR 4 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream
- 2 21 oz cans Premium blueberry pie filling
- 1 fresh mint for garnishing optional
- Bake cake according to package instructions. Set aside to cool. Slice cooled cake into 1-inch thick slices then cube. Divide into thirds and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer whip together both packages of pudding mix with 3 cups of half and half and vanilla in a medium-size mixing bowl. Whip for 2-3 minutes or just until the pudding is beginning to thicken but is still pourable. Pour into another bowl. Set aside.
- In the same medium-size mixing bowl cream together softened cream cheese with one container whipped topping. Whip until smooth and fully combined.
- Add the pudding to the whipped creamed cheese mixture. Continue to whip on medium speed about 2 minutes or until smooth and fully combined.
- To assemble: In a 4 quart or larger trifle bowl layer 1/3 cubed cake drizzle with 1/3 pie filling 1/2 whipped cheesecake. Repeat ending with cake and pie filling.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving frost top with remaining whipped topping and garnish as desired.
NotesTo garnish as pictured set aside 1/2 cup cup blueberry pie filling for the top then divide the remaining into thirds for layers.