Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened at room temp
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese softened at room temp
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy (do not over beat); gradually add sugar beating well.
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating until combined. Crack eggs into a bowl first before adding to the mixture to make sure you avoid shells in the cake mix.
- Sift 3 cups of flour. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla from the huge 1 liter Mexican vanilla bottle my mother in law shared with me.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Smooth the top of the cake or bottom of the cake (depending how you look at it) with a spatula to even it out.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack. My pound cake had a crazy crusty layer on the bottom that I just peeled off. It was like candy it was so sweet and cruchy but it wasn t pretty so I just threw it away.
This article and recipe adapted from this site