Christmas Gooey Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 white cake mix
- ½ cup sprinkles divided
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- Cream together the butter and the cream cheese. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat just until combined. Beat in the cake mix until well blended. Stir in ¼ cup of the sprinkles. Refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. Scoop out rounded tablespoons of dough and roll into a 1-inch ball. Sprinkle the ball with sprinkles then roll in the confectioner’s sugar until completely covered. Place about 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake 8 to10 minutes then allow to sit on the sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE