Best Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 6-8 cups Canola oil or shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Honey Chipotle Sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- In a small saucepan combine honey water ketchup vinegar chili powder salt and hot sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- To make batter in a medium bowl whisk together egg milk chicken broth salt pepper and garlic powder. Whisk in flour.
- Combine all ingredients for breading in a pie plate and mix well.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven to 350 degrees. Dip chicken in batter and then roll to coat in breading.
- Fry 4 at a time frying until golden brown and cooked through about 4 minutes.
- Place cooked chicken tenderloins in a large bowl and toss with honey chipotle sauce.
This article and recipe adapted from this site