This sausage casserole recipe is for a slow cooker. Serve with vegetables and a dollop of creamy mash on a cold autumn evening.
- 4 skínless bone-ín chícken thíghs
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds small (about 1 to 1.5 ínches ín díameter) new potatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon olíve oíl
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- chopped fresh parsley for garnísh
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Season chícken and potatoes wíth olíve oíl and salt and pepper; transfer to a nonstíck pan or 12-ínch skíllet that ís oven safe. Set asíde.
- Ín a small míxíng bowl combíne mustards and maple syrup; whísk to combíne.
- Pour the mustard míxture over the chícken and potatoes; toss to coat.
- Bake for 45 to 50 mínutes or untíl chícken ís done cookíng and potatoes are tender.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
INGREDIENTSFOR THE DONUTS
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk (300 milliliters)
- 2 1/4 teaspoon instant (quick-rise) yeast (7 grams) (one packet)
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (113 grams) – melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (50g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/4 cups bread flour ( 535 grams) (plus more for rolling out the dough)
- oil (for frying)
FOR THE GLAZE
- 4 cups powdered sugar (500 grams)
- 1/2 cup milk (120 milliliters)
- 1 pinch salt
INSTRUCTIONSTO MAKE THE DONUTS
- In a medium bowl heat the milk in the microwave until it is warm to the touch about 45 seconds. Add in the yeast and give it gentle stir. Let the mixture sit until there is some foam on top about 5 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook beat together the yeast mixture the eggs butter sugar and salt until combined. Add in about half of the flour and mix until combined. Add in the remaining flour and mix until combined. During the mixing process you may need to stop the mixer and scrape down the sides. If the dough is too wet to handle add in flour 1 tablespoon at a time. Cover the bowl with a large kitchen towel and leave it in a warm place to let it rise until it doubles in size about 1 hour.
- When the dough is done rising pour it onto a well-floured surface and roll it to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut the donuts with a donut cutter or with 2 different sized round cookie cutters (the large cutter should be about 3-inches in diameter). Save the donut holes. Knead scraps together being careful not to overwork the dough and repeat the process of rolling it out and cutting the donuts.
- Place the cut donuts on parchment paper leaving room to rise between each one. (TIP: I place each donut on an individual piece of parchment paper so it is easy to transfer into the hot oil for frying. See picture.) Cover the donuts with a kitchen towel and let them rise in a warm place until they are puffed up about 45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before the donuts are done rising heat oil in a deep-fryer or large heavy-bottomed pot to 375°F/190°C. Place cooling racks on top of sheets of paper towels parchment paper or line plates with paper towels.
- When the donuts are ready and the oil is hot carefully add the donuts to the oil a few at a time without overcrowding your deep-fryer or pot. (TIP: I find that it is easier to place the entire parchment paper in the oil with the donuts so I don t accidentally stretch out the donuts. Once the donuts are in the oil you can easily remove the parchment paper with tongs.) When the bottom of the donuts are golden about 45 seconds flip the donuts over using a spatula. Cook until the other side is also golden. Donut holes will cook quicker. Remove donuts with a tong or slotted spatula and place on the prepared racks or plates. Repeat with the remaining donuts making sure to keep the oil at the right temperature.
TO MAKE THE GLAZE
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar milk and salt until smooth. If you prefer a thinner glaze on the donuts add in more milk one teaspoon at a time.
- Place a cooling rack on top of paper towels or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Dip one side of the fried donuts into the glaze. Flip the donut over using a fork. Carefully transfer the glazed donut to the prepared cooking rack. The glaze will slowly drip off the donuts as it sets. Repeat with remaining donuts.
This article and recipes adapted fromt this site
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breásts cut into strips
- 1 medium onion sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into strips
- 3 táblespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 3/4 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregáno
- 1/2 tsp pápriká
- 4 tsp gárlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sált
- 2 tbsp fresh cilántro chopped
- juice of one lime
- Preheát oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice chicken ánd veggies into strips.
- In á lárge bowl combine the olive oil ánd spices. Mix well.
- Ádd the chicken ánd veggies to the seásoning mixture ánd stir until coáted.
- Pour the fájitá mixture onto á greásed sheet pán ánd spreád out into á single láyer. Depending on the size of your sheet pán you máy need to divide into two sheet páns. It will look like á ton of veggies but they will shrink ás they cook.
- Báke for 11 minutes ánd stir then return to the oven ánd báke 11 ádditionál minutes or until the chicken is cooked áll the wáy through. Due to the size of my báking páns ánd my oven I pláced one of the sheet páns on the bottom ráck ánd the other on the middle ráck. Hálfwáy through cooking I switched them.
- Máke sure to check the temperáture of the chicken for doneness ás áll ovens cook differently. It should reád 165 in the thickest piece of the chicken.
- If you d like to brown your chicken fájitás turn the oven to broil ánd báke for just á minute or two. Máke sure to wátch closely ás it cán burn very quickly when using the broiler.
- Remove from oven ánd top with lime juice ánd chopped cilántro.
- Serve on á bed of mixed leáfy greens ánd top with homemáde Keto Queso Dip ánd your fávorite keto friendly condiments such ás sour creám guácámole sliced ávocádo jálápenos ánd á few tomátoes.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
- 2 tbsp 30 mL olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb 681 g boneless skinless chicken breást cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves gárlic minced
- 1 cán CÁMPBELL’S® Condensed Creám of Chicken
- 3 cups 750 mL CÁMPBELL’S® No Sált Ádded Reády to Use Chicken Broth
- 3 cups 750 mL uncooked penne pástá
- 2 cups 500 mL frozen peás
- 1/2 cup 125 mL gráted Pármesán cheese
- 1/4 cup 60 mL fresh básil leáves chopped or torn
- Heát oil in á lárge sáucepán over medium-high heát. Ádd chicken ánd cook for 5 minutes stirring occásionálly until browned. Ádd gárlic; cook ánd stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the soup ánd broth; mix well. Stir in the penne ánd bring to boil. Reduce heát to medium. Cook uncovered stirring occásionálly for 15 minutes.
- Stir in peás. Cook 3 minutes or until the penne is tender ánd the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with cheese ánd básil
- Serve with á tossed green sálád or Cáesár sálád.
- Sáve time by using pre-minced gárlic áváiláble in járs or squeeze tubes often in your produce áisle.
- Máke this into One Pot Chicken Pármesán Peppercorn Pástá by mixing in 1 tsp (5 mL) coársely crácked bláck pepper before you sprinkle with the cheese ánd básil.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
No-Bake Christmas Desserts are as delicious as they are quick to make! Try some of these today and surprise your guests and family alike!
Jazz up your Brussels Sprouts with a hint of garlic and freshly grated cheese – making this simple side dish one that the whole family will love!
IngredientsIngredients for Choux Pastry:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour measured correctly
- 4 eggs (large) room temperature
Ingredients for Cream Filling and Garnish:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 28 raspberries optional
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar to garnish
InstructionsHow to Make Cream Puffs:
- Preheat oven to 425?F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with Silpat or parchment paper.
- In a Medium saucepan combine 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup milk 8 Tbsp butter 1 tsp sugar and 1/4 tsp salt. Bring just to a boil over medium heat then remove from heat and stir in 1 cup flour all at once with a wooden spoon.
- One flour is incorporated place back over medium heat stirring constantly for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes to release extra moisture and partially cook flour. A thin film will form on the bottom of the pan and dough will come together into a smooth ball.
- Transfer dough to a large mixing bowl and beat using an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute to cool mixture slightly. Add 4 eggs 1 at a time allowing to fully incorporate between additions. Beat another minute until dough is smooth and forms a thick ribbon when pulled up.
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag fitted with a 1/2 round tip. Pipe 28 puffs each 1 1/2” diameter and 1/2” tall rounds. Keep them 1 apart and avoid making peaks* but if you do get peaks wet finger tips lightly with water and smooth them out.
- Bake at 425?F for 10 minutes in the center of the oven. Without opening oven reduce temp to 325?F and bake 20-22 min longer or until golden brown on top. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
How to Make Whipped Cream:
- In a large mixing bowl combine 2 cups heavy cream 4 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Beat on medium-high speed until fluffy with stiff peaks (2 min). Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip.
- Once cream puffs are completely cooled fill them with cream. There are 2 ways to fill them: (#1) pipe the cream into the puffs by pushing the pastry tip into the side and piping until cream pushes back or (#2) Cut off tops of puffs and pipe cream inside using a pastry bag push a raspberry down into the center if desired then cover with the tops. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
When it comes to brownies people either fall into the chewy-fudgy camp or the cakey camp. The way I see it if you want chocolate cake you might as well make chocolate cake. These brownies are so dense and rich that you only need one square with a cold glass of milk but you can also go all-out and top it with a scoop of any ice cream you like. Coffee brings out the best in chocolate so I like to add Korean instant coffee which comes in individual packets complete with creamer and sugar to my brownies. This recipe is really quick and easy and only requires one mixing bowl and a wooden spoon or rubber spatula so you have no excuse to buy boxed brownie mix ever again.
Whipped cream chocolate and gold leaf make this the most stunning use for matcha yet.